The BD Phoenix M50 Automated Microbiology System is an advanced microbiology instrument designed to streamline microbial identification and antimicrobial susceptibility testing. It uses a combination of broth microdilution and automated reading and interpretation technology to provide accurate and reliable results for a wide range of microbial species.
The BD Phoenix M50 is a versatile system, with the ability to analyze multiple antimicrobial agents simultaneously, and can process up to 50 panels at a time. The system’s efficient workflow, user-friendly interface, and connectivity to laboratory information systems make it an essential tool for clinical microbiology laboratories, helping clinicians to diagnose and treat infections with precision and confidence.
BD Phoenix M50 Features and benefits
Accurate confirmation of known resistance
- The BD Phoenix™ M50 instrument determines growth using both an oxidation-reduction indicator and turbidity growth detection to help provide both rapid and accurate susceptibility results
- The BD Phoenix system utilizes on-panel doubling dilutions of antimicrobial concentrations for determination of MIC results.
- The BD Phoenix M50 instrument employs a delayed growth algorithm that may defer reporting for slow-growing organisms until additional instrument readings are collected. This feature enables an accurate determination of growth or no-growth, providing additional assurance that results are accurate
- The BD Phoenix system provides on-panel doubling dilutions of antimicrobials and built-in detection of resistance, including CPO, MRSA, mecA, VRSA, VRE, ESBL, HLAR, and iMLSb*.
- The BD Phoenix M50 instrument offers a compact and stackable design (up to two instruments) that allows for increased testing volumes by doubling capacity within the same footprint
- The system requires minimal maintenance, no reagent additions post inoculation and few supplemental tests for final result determination, and utilizes leak-resistant, room-temperature panel storage.
Rapid detection of resistance in organisms to antimicrobials that historically have been susceptible, allowing for appropriate patient therapeutic intervention
Many of the tests used in the BD Phoenix ID panels are modifications of the classical methods. These include tests for fermentation, oxidation, degradation and hydrolysis of various substrates. In addition to these, the BD Phoenix System utilizes chromogenic and fluorogenic substrates as well as single carbon source substrates in the identification of organisms.
The broth dilution technique involves exposing bacteria to decreasing concentrations of antimicrobial agents in liquid media by serial two-fold dilution. The lowest concentration of an antimicrobial agent in which no visible growth occurs is defined as the minimal inhibitory concentration (MIC).
- Detect current and emerging resistances accurately
- Adapt to various organizations and cope with changes in activity
- Accelerate ID/AST results reporting
- Increase laboratory efficiency
- The modularity and small footprint of the BD Phoenix™ M50 instrument
- Provides a flexible and cost-effective solution for laboratories of all sizes.
- It can easily be expanded from a 50-panel capacity to a stacked 100-panel capacity.
- The BD Phoenix™ M50 system combined with the BD BACTEC™ FX system offers an efficient and affordable blood culture and ID/AST solution for low-to-mid volume laboratories
Single BD Phoenix M50 including PC
- Height – 21″
- Width – 53.5″
- Depth – 30.1″
- Clearance (left) – 3″
- Clearance (front) – 18″
- Weight – 120 Lbs
- Power requirements – 90-264VAC; 47-63Hz 15 amp circuit
- Phoenix M50 units
- Epicentre Data Management Software
- Control interface
- 90-day return warranty
Enjoy 15% OFF Your First Order
Welcome to Ferus Medical! We’re thrilled to have you on board. To celebrate your arrival, we’re offering a special 15% discount on your first order.
Details of the Offer:
- Discount: 15% off your entire first purchase
- Use code: WELCOME15 at checkout
Don’t Miss Out! This special offer is valid for a limited time only. So, why wait? Dive into our collection and grab your favorites now!