NanoDrop 8000 Spectrophotometer provides absorbance measurements across the entire UV-Vis range for eight samples simultaneously in less than 20 seconds. Using a patented sample-in-place system, the NanoDrop 8000 provides the same DNA, RNA, and protein analysis accuracy in 1 µl of the sample as the NanoDrop series of single-channel spectrophotometers. The instrument has been designed for high throughput laboratories and quality control laboratories.
The Thermo Scientific NanoDrop 8000 is a spectrophotometer designed for microvolume analysis of nucleic acids and proteins in the most productive laboratories. Patented Drop Retention technology allows up to 8 samples to be measured simultaneously at low volumes without dilution. The supplied PC software allows users to easily edit the built-in and create new measurement protocols.
NanoDrop 8000 Key features and benefits
- Designed for micro volumes (1 klm);
- No dilution is required, even for high-concentration samples;
- Direct, easy measurements from tubes or 96-well plates;
- Can measure multiple samples in one measurement cycle, up to eight samples simultaneously;
- Single sample mode;
- Preconfigured methods for typical applications such as nucleic acids, A280 proteins, microarrays, protein and labels, Pierce 660, Bradford, BCA, Lowry, and others;
- Convenient software for creating custom methods and parameters for making reports and exporting data;
- A patented sample retention system eliminates the need for cuvettes;
- Full spectrum (from 220 to 750 nm);
- Calculates the purity ratio of the sample (260/280).
- Quantity 8 samples at once
- Direct measurement
- Analysis of micro volumes
- EASY PROCEDURE – PIPETTE, MEASURE, WIPE, AND REPEAT
- Fast and efficient
- No expensive consumables
- You save valuable samples
- Easy handling
Technology in Brief
Surface tension is used to hold a column of liquid sample in place while a measurement is made. This is done by pipetting the sample directly onto one measurement pedestal. As shown below, a measurement column is drawn between the ends of two optical fibers to establish the measurement path. The measurement is made, typically in less than 20 seconds, and the spectrum and its analysis are shown on the screen of the attached PC and, if necessary, archived on the PC.
- Microarray Cy-dye Measurement:
Determination of the dye label concentration of microarray samples.
- Nucleic Acid Concentration and Quality Measurement:
Determination of concentration and quality of nucleic acid samples in the range from 2-3700 ng/µl without dilution.
Performs full-spectrum UV/Vis spectrophotometry. Safety is improved when analyzing dangerous materials due to the 1 µl sample size.
The NanoDrop 8000 spectrophotometer takes full-spectrum UV-Vis absorbance measurements of up to eight samples simultaneously. Using an eight-channel pipette to dispense samples on a linear array of pedestals, you can easily measure 96 samples in less than six minutes.
- Improved productivity with the capability of analyzing up to eight 1 µl samples at one time
- Innovative software to create custom methods and options to design reports and export data
- Increased efficiency with the Sample Position Illuminator, which reduces error by keeping track of the samples to be measured
- High throughput for environments such as biorepositories, genotyping facilities, and quality control labs
- Improved productivity for busy labs where multiple users currently use the single sample model
All NanoDrop products utilize a unique technology that allows a sample to be pipetted directly onto an optical measurement surface. The system uses inherent surface tension to hold a micro-volume sample during the measurement cycle. Once the measurement is complete, the surfaces are wiped with a lint-free lab wipe.
The Thermo Scientific NanoDrop 8000 Microvolume UV-Vis Spectrophotometer provides quick, easy nucleic acid and protein quantification and accelerates your research. Perfect for higher throughput workflows, the NanoDrop 8000 instrument can measure multiple samples simultaneously using only 1- 2 μL of the sample. Using an 8-channel pipette to dispense samples on a linear array of pedestals, it is possible to measure 96 samples in less than six minutes easily.
- USB cable and operating software
- Compatible with: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit), and Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
- Data Station with Software
- Power Cord
- Complete 90-Day Parts and Labor Warranty
- Battery Backup Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
Enjoy 15% OFF Your First Order
Welcome to Ferus Medical! We’re thrilled to have you on board. To celebrate your arrival, we’re offering a special 15% discount on your first order.
Details of the Offer:
- Discount: 15% off your entire first purchase
- Use code: WELCOME15 at checkout
Don’t Miss Out! This special offer is valid for a limited time only. So, why wait? Dive into our collection and grab your favorites now!